It is no secret that today we are living in a world where everything is constantly changing, updated, etc. Otherwise, there is the classic risk of being left behind in the great race of evolution. And, of course, this concerns IT and business.
However, let us be honest with each other. Not every product/program update is always a winning step. The reasons for that can be a whole lot of nuances. It can be both banal bad luck and a more logical phenomenon.
But in the case of Magento upgrade, everything was done without the intervention of such unwanted guests. In principle, the final solution is quite obvious. So let's look together why Magento upgrade 1 to 2 is the right step towards success.
Since success is a rather philosophical concept. However, to achieve it, you always need specific reasons. In our situation, this reason is the timeliness of the implementation of innovations in the final product.
Therefore, we suggest you to read the list of key differences in Magento versions. It will be interesting! Well, shall we go?
Benefits of Magento 1
Command line - is the only and quite controversial advantage of the old platform. It is noteworthy that Magento 1 will still have it in the future. The point is that it offers users a very simple interface without the possibility of using complex commands.
So, as you can see, this advantage is also a disadvantage. This is why fans of good functionality will definitely want to upgrade Magento 1 to 2. After all, it uses an advanced command line that requires good knowledge from its users.
So, as you can see, this nuance also has the reverse side of the medal. It lies in the fact that this feature of Magento 2 can scare away newcomers. From this, we conclude that everything depends on the angle of experience to look at this situation.
Temporary benefits of Magento 1
Stronger community. It's obvious that over the years of functioning, the first version of Magento has attracted a huge number of users and even fans. Therefore, the new Magento 2 needs to give time to build the same social muscles as its predecessor.
A lot of extensions is another obvious advantage of Magento 1. Since it is clear to everyone that it has a huge base of extensions, while the fresh version of the platform continues to gain momentum. Because of this, some people may give their preference to the older version.
This applies to those users who urgently need to use specific extensions that have not yet had time to migrate to a new version of the platform. Again, however, it is all just a matter of time.
Now let's talk about the obvious advantages of Magento 2, which it already has.
Benefits of Magento 2:
- Command line (once again - why not?). As mentioned above, Magento 2 has a much larger potential than its predecessor. It has very powerful functionality. If you are not a beginner, it is definitely a very tasty advantage for you.
- Better scaling capability and productivity. The system is perfectly optimized for fast and stable operation. In a few clicks you can create a test environment and start automated testing.
- Tech innovations. In addition to previously provided technologies (HTML5, CSS, etc.), now also available PHP 5.5.x, full page caching, Magento UI library, RequireJS, CSS Pre-processor and many other fresh solutions in the world of high technologies.
- jQuery Library. We have important news here, as this library now becomes default after the Magento upgrade. The reason for this was the fact that many platform users are becoming more and more interested in the library every day. So it's pretty clear here.
- Less efforts and costs for upgrade. Another nice moment, isn't it? We don't just live by a single binary code, friends! Magento upgrade won't take up much of your time and resources. You will definitely appreciate this nuance if you have had similar processes of updates before.
Open-source platform Magento is one of the most popular on the market since far 2008. It can definitely be called a fast growing platform, as Magento developers do not stand still and improve their creations year after year.
Therefore, it is quite logical that over time came the turn of the platform development, when the day came to launch a new version. It happened in November 2015. And the release was very successful, as you could already see from the arguments above,
Today it is crystal clear that upgrading Magento 1 to 2 is a vital process if you want to keep up with the times. The new version provides its users with all the cream of modern features that are now available.
Thank you for your attention! We hope this article was useful for you and you have seen the importance of Magento upgrade. So we wish you an easy and fast transition to the new version of the platform!